recipes

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Farro Flour Tortillas finally found a tortilla recipe

I have been looking for years for a tortilla recipe and I think I found it, but a few things I want to mention are first I just used all white flour and it worked fine, farro is just a special type of wheat I am sure it is good I just did not have any when I made it, finally one way to get your tortillas to be softer: right after you cook each tortilla take it off the skillet, spray it with a mist from a spray bottle, like 1 spray on each side, then place it in a covered container i.e. a big container with a lid, I just used a plastic bag and fold it over to keep the air out, and stack each tortilla on top of the last in that same container, they stay soft that way.


Ingredients
4 cups fresh ground Farro
1 cup white flour
2/3 cup shortening or butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups warm buttermilk
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 T. smoked paprika


Directions
Cut shortening into flour, salt, baking powder, and paprika in the Bosch bowl using the cookie beaters. Change to dough hook and add the buttermilk until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Knead for 3 minutes. Divide into small balls. Roll out and cook in a tortilla press or cast iron skillet.
I found this recipe from here his web sight looks like a place I will visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment